Welcome to our SUMMER OPENING Long Course meet at The Elk Grove Aquatics Center. This page contains all the information you need to know about the meet from how to get here, where to park, where to set up your tents and what amenities will be available onsite!
Elk Grove Aquatics Center
9701 Big Horn Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95757
Click on the image above to get directions on Google Maps.
You will be able to park in the main parking lot adjacent to the facility. The dirt overflow lot will also be available if the main lot is full (which it likely will be for the morning session). Please DO NOT park in the neighborhood across from the aquatic center. We want to be good neighbors. Click on the image for a larger version.
Keep these items in mind when parking:
- DO NOT park on the streets. You will get ticketed or towed.
- DO NOT park in the neighborhoods if you can avoid it. Please stay in the main or overflow lots.
- DO NOT block driveways or park in coned-off areas
- DO NOT park on the concrete walkways
- Be kind. All parking lot volunteers need some love.
Here is a facility map outlining where you can set up tents and where you can find amenities like apparel stands, snack bar, check-in and our vendor’s alley. Click on the image for a larger version.
Please be mindful of off-limits areas. These need to remain clear for the safety and consideration of the athletes and coaches. Be especially mindful of the following:
- THE REC POOL AND WATERSLIDE AREAS ARE OFF LIMITS. Please do not venture into those areas.
- DO NOT Set up tents on the bleachers. Stadium chairs are acceptable.
- DO NOT Set up tents in the areas behind the bleachers. Folding chairs are acceptable here.
- Please return lawn chairs to their original locations after moving or using them during the meet.
- Tents and chairs can be left overnight on Saturday-Sunday AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please remove canopy tops and use buckets or weights to tie them down as it gets windy overnight.
- DO NOT LEAVE BLANKETS or anything you don’t want to get wet on the grass. Sprinklers are scheduled to turn on Friday night into Saturday and Saturday night into Sunday.
- NO VIDEO OR PHOTOGRAPHY allowed behind the blocks whether on the bleachers or on the competition deck.
- DO NOT BLOCK DOORWAYS
COMPETITION DECK SETUP
This is how the tents will be set up on the competition deck. A couple of things to be aware of:
- Competition deck is for COACHES, OFFICIALS and EGAC MEET OPS volunteers ONLY. No spectator or family tents are allowed around the competition pool.
- Any families setting up around the tents will be asked to move to allowed areas around the facility or outside the main gates depending on space available.
CHECK-IN & WARM UPS
Warm-ups will close 15 minutes prior to the start of competition and the final 15 minutes of warmups for thePM sessions will be reserved for 8&Under swimmers only.
Check-in for the first four events of each session will close 30 minutes before the start of that session.*The afternoon sessions will start no earlier than the published timeline prior to the meet.
An Officials’ Meeting will be held 45 minutes before the start of each session.
Ahhhh…the unsung heroes of every swim meet. Each official volunteers to walk up and down the pool deck every meet ensuring the quality and integrity of the sport. Give them a high-five…just make sure they’re not in the process of DQ-ing someone first!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
SUMMARY OF EVENTS BY AGE
The World Famous Gator Shack will be open serving up tasty treats to spoon, fork or chop-stick into your gaping maws.
Custom meet designs will be available EXCLUSIVELY AT THIS MEET! Pick a shirt, tank top or even bring your own! Pick your Design and get your shirts pressed right before your very eyes! All adult shirts and tank tops will be $20, and youth shirts will be $15. Designs will be available to purchase for $5/sheet.
Come visit our vendors!
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS
Mad props and appreciation to our event sponsors!